Monday, October 20, 2008

Name Wars

Okay... the word "wars" might be a little strong. Andy and I do not agree on our number one choices for a name. I have tried really hard to be open-minded and to give his number one a shot but I just can't do it. I really dislike it. He likes mine - just not as much as he likes his own! I never thought it would be this difficult to come to an agreement.

Before we found out that we were having a boy I only had girl names that I liked. There wasn't one boy name that got me excited. Now I have a boy name that gets me excited but I am having trouble getting the husband on my team! Ugh!!!

In case anyone would like to cast their vote - the names are Marek (pronounced like Eric with an "M") or Porter. I won't even try to sway you by telling you which one is my favorite. Just let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Just Another Wife and Mother said...

Congrat on your boy, as well. It is really exciting and much easier to plan. I'm sorry you guys are having difficulty deciding on a name. I'm going to cast my vote, I like the name Porter Marek. Anyway, I hope that helps and hopefully you can come to an agreement. My husband and I had our boy name picked out for almost 10 years. I'm glad we didn't spend a lot of time trying to find a girl name we liked. Have a good week.

Jeni said...

I'm with baby boyd on this one. Porter Marek sounds good to me. We also had a horrible time agreeing on a boy's name, but eventually we did. For some reason, he was much more opinionated on the boy's name then the girls. Good luck. Eventually he'll wear down I betcha ;)