Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's A Boy!!!


Yep - he is definitely a little boy - no mistaking it! I have to admit that I was shocked - I really thought I was having a girl - but I am so excited to be having a son! The ultrasound was amazing. He was moving around and sucking. We could see all 4 chambers of his little heart beating and he looks great. He is weighing in at 14 oz. right now! The tech said his measurements put him right on track with my doctors due date of March 1st.

Andy thinks I am being mean by saying this - but does anyone else notice a resemblance to Homer Simpson in this child's mouth area?! Seriously! I'm sure that he won't be born looking like Homer but this ultrasound photo is making me just a little nervous!

We spent the whole day (and night) on the phone with friends and family. Everyone is thrilled. Now we get to start the battle over names and circumcision - YIKES!!!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Awww congrats. And I totally hear you on the Homer Simpson thing. It's just the way the upper lip is outlined in the ultrasound. Perhaps he was making a sucking gesture?

Jeni said...

Oh and I wanted to add that the ultrasound pic is fantastic and your little boy looks adorable! I hope mine is that clear!!

steffany said...

I love his profile:)

You are going to LOVE having a little boy!

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Congrats!!!