Thursday, January 15, 2009

Answered Prayers

My mom's cancer is GONE!!! I feel so relieved and grateful right now. 2008 was such a rough year for my family. My dad has been recovering from gastric bypass surgery and struggling with his kidney disease, my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and I had to have surgery for pre-cancer of my cervix. All this happened right when Andy and I were trying to get pregnant. We didn't know if we were going to be able to have kids. Now it is 2009. My dad is doing really well, my mom is cancer free, my surgery went great and (just in case you hadn't noticed!) I am pregnant. I feel like this is going to be a great year filled with lots of blessings and happiness. Life can be rough but I think all of the hard times are what make you stronger and appreciative of all of the good things that we have. I've never been big on resolutions but this year I would like to try to focus on the good things in my life: my family and my friends. In the end - that is all that really matters anyway!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

That's great news!!! Congrats and I hope your health and your family's continues on a good track :)

heidi chowen photography, llc said...

That is the best news ever. What a great blessing and I hope/know that you have many many more to come! xoxo