Thursday, March 27, 2008

One Day At A Time

Life can be such a whirlwind. Sometimes I actually have to stop and remind myself to slow down and take things one day at a time. For someone who admittedly has no patience that is not always an easy thing to do. I think it is important to try to not get so caught up in all of the planning for the future that you miss out on the right now though. I found out yesterday that my odds of still being able to have a baby are really good. The doctor also said that we should start trying ASAP to give me the best chance possible. I'm so excited about starting the adoption process though that I really want to do both at the same time. Unfortunately, I just found out that if I get pregnant before our adoption is complete then we have to wait until our biological child is 1 year old before we can continue the adoption process. Why can't life just be easy? Why can't I just have my cake and eat it too? So now we need to make some decisions about how to handle all of the potential "what ifs" involved and decide whether we want to wait to start the adoption process or take the risk of being in the middle of the process and deal with having to put it on hold if I get pregnant before it is completed. I have faith that it will all work out... I just still need to find the patience to deal with waiting to see how it will all work out. I'm like one of those horrible kids that you see reading the last page of a new Harry Potter book in the middle of the book store on the day that it first comes out because they can't wait to read the whole book. Okay maybe I'm not that bad :)

0 comments: