Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blogger Virgin No Longer

So this is what it is like to post a blog! I decided to create this blog after furiously researching adoption and reading blog after blog of families who are at some point in their adoption process. I guess I never really even considered having a blog (probably because I never felt like I needed to say anything). Now I do. I actually need to say so much that I don't even know where to start. As I write this I am waiting for test results to see if I still have a chance of being able to carry a baby and whether or not their is major surgery in my near future. After more than 2 weeks of waiting for these elusive test results I have actually found some peace with the "worst case scenario" which oddly enough doesn't seem like such a terrible "scenario" after reading so many inspiring adoption blogs. I have actually always wanted to adopt. My oldest brother is adopted. I always thought that it was a very cool thing for my parents to do and that it made my brother extra special. After a few weeks of research I feel very drawn to international adoption - specifically Ethiopia. In fact, the weirdest thing ever happened to me while I was researching Ethiopian adoption. I logged on to Yahoo Travel to research a flight for someone at my office and the featured travel destination of the day was Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Too weird! I had never even heard of Addis Ababa before beginning adoption research. If that isn't a sign... I don't know what is!

So this blog will hopefully serve as a little extra free therapy for me (on top of what my wonderful friends have already provided) as Andy and I start our family and re-prioritize our lives. (Funny how scary medical problems make you re-think your priorities in life, huh?) I feel like I have already made some great friends through this crazy world of blogging and I can't wait to make some more.

0 comments: