Monday, March 31, 2008

Lucky Girl


I just got back in Durango after a weekend adventure with two of my best (and oldest) friends in Santa Fe. We realized this weekend that we have been friends for 20 years! Seeing as how we are only 30 years old - I think that is pretty impressive! They are so much more than "friends" at this point. They are absolutely family. They are my sisters. We have been through so much together since we first met. We spent the whole weekend relaxing and talking (maybe drinking a little too much - Damn Courtney and her "Margarita Tour through Santa Fe") It was just what I needed to help restore some balance after the last few crazy months. They always know exactly what to do and say to get me to laugh (we usually make a huge joke out of everything going on in our lives). I'm so thankful to have such great people in my life. I truly am a lucky girl.

1 comments:

Stacie said...

It is good to have friends like that! My BF of 20+ years (and I'm 33) lives 7 houses down the street. It's the best! :)