Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Just Found Fried Chicken In My Purse...

I think that finding 3 day old fried chicken (thankfully in a ziplock) in my purse says something about my where I am at mentally right now. Truthfully it probably says more about my organizational state - but anyone who knows me knows that when my life isn't organized it means that something is off. I have so many things that I am excited to get started on: my photography business and starting a family to name the big one's. It just feels like everything is in limbo right now. I know that I don't have control over everything that is going on and I can't just snap my fingers or click my heals and make my dream child appear before me and make my photography business be flourishing enough for it to be my only job (I know this because I have tried that whole snapping your fingers/clicking your heals thing and it really only works in the movies). I do have faith that everything happens for a reason and that what we are going through right now is teaching me to have the patience that I will need to get me through the process of adopting.

On a really happy note - TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!! I might have lived in Colorado for the last 4 years, but there is still California blood running through these veins! I am SOOO ready for summer and sunshine, sitting on my deck and drinking a glass of wine after work and finally being able to wear my flip flops to work again (yes I am allowed to wear flip flops to work - how cool is that?!). I even wore a really "springy" top to work today to encourage Mother Nature to bring on the great weather. Happy Spring everyone!

1 comments:

Stacie said...

Fried chicken in your purse is funny. I think you're ready to be a mom if you have 3 day old chicken in your purse. :) Welcome to the blog world!