Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6 Months Old

I can't believe that my little boy is a half year old! This is a photo of him crashed out after his doctor's appointment and shots :( on his 6 month birthday. Look at those eyelashes and pudgy cheeks! I guess our scale at home was a little off because he is only 15 pounds, 3 ounces and is 26 1/2 inches long. He is kind of a little guy but we think he is perfect. Besides, the lighter he is the easier it is for me to carry him! He is doing great with eating solids foods - so far he has conquered rice cereal, bananas, sweet potatoes, peas and pears. He LOVES his pears! He seems to like everything though and has been really chowing down the last couple of days. We are desperately trying to find a solution to help me stay at home with him but until my photography is established (or we win the lottery) we are kind of between a rock and a hard place. We can't afford (and don't want him in) daycare but we can't afford for me to quit my job either. Thank God I work for an amazing company that is letting me take him to work with me everyday. It isn't ideal - it's actually really hard on me but at least it is helping us get by for now. My website is finally up though - www.luckyfridaystudios.com. It kind of feels like a first draft to me but I can tweak it as time goes on.

1 comments:

Jeni said...

Sounds like he's doing great! I can't wait to try pears with our little gal. I take it Andy didn't get the job here? I wish you the best of luck with your photography venture. I love the story behind the name :)